Due to midlife skin and coloring changes, “going natural” like in one’s younger years isn’t the most flattering. Follow these simple mid life make-up tips to look your midlife best every day.
I interviewed certified Medical Esthetician, Brittni Krumrie, and asked her for some some important mid life make-up tips. She said due to mid life skin and other bodily changes, a mid life woman should not use the same make-up routine that she used in her younger years. Here are the mid life make-up tips she recommended:
1) Eye Shadow– Use matte eye shadow or one with a very light shimmer. Glittery eye shadow tends to emphasize the lines around your eyes, making you appear older than what you really are. Stick with neutral colors — jungle green or a gray blue are ideal. If you use a colored eye liner, only apply it below the eye and not on the eye lid.
2) Eyebrows– Always fill them in. There are three points on the eyebrow that are used when filling in. Have a professional show you where those points are. Eyebrows should be one shade darker than your hair color.
3) Lip Color– Avoid dark colors if you have small lips. Mauve, pinks, and reds are the most complimentary colors. Use a lip liner to maintain lip definition.
4) Wrinkles– Apply white eye liner pencil over wrinkles before putting on foundation. This small step will hide prominent wrinkles.
5) Skin Care– Because skin gets drier as you age, use a light moisturizer during the day and a heavier moisturizer at night. Tap and smooth the lotion on. Don’t rub. Wear sun screen every day. Use an SPF 15 when you aren’t in the sun and at least an SPF 25 when out in direct sun light. And most importantly, DRINK WATER!!! Nourish from the inside out.
6) Eye Care– Eye gel treats puffiness and eye cream treats wrinkles.
7) Face Care– Use a facial scrub twice a week. As you age, your skin doesn’t naturally slough off old cells as efficiently as when you were younger. Facial scrubs improve skin dullness.
Following these simple mid life make-up tips will improve your overall appearance as you age.
Which tip did you find most valuable?