I needed to make some holiday gifts FAST. This sugar scrub was quick and easy and looks amazing too.
Do you have last minute gifts to give this holiday season? I sure did. I knew I wanted to give something personal and unique. But I didn’t have a lot of time to search, make, or spend. I originally found this sugar scrub recipe on Pinterest from The Idea Room and adapted it for what I needed. I’m sure you will find it to be the perfect gift to make and give for those last minute gifts on your list.
Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
2 cups white granulated sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
3-4 drops Peppermint Essential Oils
2) Add a few drops of the peppermint essential oils to each bowl
4) Repeat with altenating layers of white and pink until the jar is full.
5) Replace the jar lid and add your cuteness. I used baker’s twine around the neck of the jar. The label template was made available here.
What made this sugar scrub such a great gift to give?
1) I had all the ingredients on hand. The only thing I had to go out and get was the jars. I was originally going to put the Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub in jelly jars but when I went to get them out of my storage room, there were none there. I guess I made more jam than I thought this summer. No worries. I headed down to my local Hobby Lobby where they had these cute jars on sale!!
2) Coconut oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer, something that is really needed during the winter months.
Needless to say, the people I gave this to were thrilled to receive such a thoughtful, homemade gift. Yippee!!
I bet there are people on your list who would love to receive this sugar scrub. Teachers. Friends. Secret Santas perhaps? Who will you be making it for?