Eating a good, healthy meal is way down on my check off list for holiday activities. All the running around makes it difficult to achieve. That is until I came across this great solution.
I have always shied away from going to buffet restaurants. The main reason? My germ phobia. Also, buffet food conjures up a picture in my mind of unappetizing food that has been sitting out under the lights too long. That all changed when I was invited to attend a blogger meet-up at HomeTown Buffet where I was treated to samples of delicious culinary dishes and exceptional hospitality.
HomeTown Buffet is part of the Ovation Brands restaurant chain that includes Ryan’s, Country Buffet, Old Country Buffet, and Fire Mountain. Their staff was quick to tell me that HomeTown Buffet is a “slow-paced, sit-down restaurant that caters to families and is poised to be a choice location where memories are made.”
Here are 9 reasons why I will be returning soon to HomeTown Buffet:
1) Variety. There is so much to choose from for whatever my taste buds are craving. Their salad bar makes “the best salad in the world.” There is plenty for all types of foodies, from vegetarians to the pickiest of eaters. It gives my grandkids plenty of opportunities to try new foods beyond chicken nuggets, pizza, or mac and cheese.
2) Specialty Dishes. Besides their regular menu items, there are also special promotions. Currently, HomeTown buffet is serving up five steak choices (the Sirloin with Potatoes O’Brien and the Sirloin Steakhouse Chili were my favorite).
Also, at Los Angeles locations, they are now featuring Cinnabon all day long!!!
3) Portion Control. Many of their dishes are prepared for individual portions. Waste is limited because I determine how much of most items I want.
4) Friendly Service. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful.
5) Community Orientated. They host fundraising events Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Fifteen percent of what they make goes back to the organization. They even provide the flyers.
6) Student Achievement Recognized. As a school board member, I love seeing our students recognized for their good efforts. HomeTown Buffet has a Shining Star program where schools can get certificates and awards to hand out.
7) Military Appreciation. Serving the military community is their specialty. Mondays are designated Military Mondays. Any enlisted, reserve or veteran and up to 3 of their guests can eat for reduced prices. Also, children they bring eat for just $1.99. And for a limited time, Hometown Buffet is selling this Big Book of Savings with proceeds going to help military families. A great way to show support for our service men and women.
8) Families Welcomed. Thursdays are Family Nights. From 5:00 – 8:00 p.m., kids eat for $1.99. There are different themes and activities each week catering to the younger set. What a great idea to take the grandkids when they visit.
9) Reservations Accepted. For groups over 20, they will reserve an area of the restaurant for a party. I’m considering baby or wedding showers, reunions, and other special occasions.
Would you like to try HomeTown Buffet too and experience my nine reasons of their hassle free meals and add more of your own? HomeTown Buffet has given me four, Big Book of Savings to share with my readers. Each book has a value of $75 in coupons to use at HomeTown Buffet and any of the other Ovation Brands restaurants.
To enter to win one of the four booklets, just comment below why you would like to win. Entries are open until Friday, December 12th at midnight, PST. I will choose 4 winners on Saturday, December 13th using Random Number Generator.
Good Luck and happy eating!!
Congratulations to the winners who were selected using Random Number Generator. Entries from Facebook and blog posts were considered in date order they submitted their entry. Join me in congratulating: